Hello fellow foodies! It’s a new day so it’s time for a new recipe. I decided to share a savory recipe with you that can easily be turned to low carb. It’s super tasty and bakes in the oven. The flavor is out of the world and served it with smothered pork chops. Super yum!
It’s the perfect meal after a busy day that can be put together ahead of time and baked in the oven when needed. Everybody needs cheese in their vegetables now and then. Oh who am I kidding? Cheese is good on all cooked vegetables.
If you want to make this dish low carb, simply remove the flour and substitute for an additional egg. Reduce butter to 2 tablespoons and there you have it, a lovely low carb casserole.
You can use this dish for a delightful side dish, or you put some meat in it for a complete meal. I think a cup of chopped ham or bacon would be a savory addition.
Give it a try!
Have a great day!
Non-stick cooking spray
10 ounces frozen spinach thawed and drained
1/4 cup crushed croutons or bread crumbs
3 beaten eggs
1/2 shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup all purpose flour
5 tablespoons butter room temperature
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray a 1 quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Coat dish with crushed croutons.
4. In a medium bowl, combine spinach, eggs, cheeses, flour, butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to thoroughly mix.
5. Spread mixture in prepared casserole dish. Place on the middle rack of the oven.
6. Bake for 45 minutes. Enjoy!